Among the modern frontages of wrexham town lies the Horse and Jockey, retaining is traditional charm of a typical 17th century building, one of very few left in the area.
This 17th century timber framed building with its thatched roof occupies a central position in a busy pedestrianised shopping area.
Originally a 16th century Hall House, has now been used as an Inn for many years. The Jockey started life as two premises, one privately owned and the other a small Beer House called "The Colliers".
The pub took its current name in the late 1800's afer a local champion jockey, Fred Archer